The holidays are in full swing, and it’s certainly the time for giving. NKT fave, 77kids, is once again in the spotlight for their charitable initiatives. The retailer announced that they plan to keep their “Do Good” momentum flowing by giving back through a charitable initiative twice a year, once in the summer and once during the holiday season.
The Motherhood invited the kid and I, along with several of my NYC/NJ blogger friends, back to 77kid’s NYC design studios a few weeks ago to discuss their current holiday charity. The execs from 77kids shared a lot of great details about their holiday line, plus gave us a sneak peek of upcoming lines. But more importantly, we were on hand to learn about what matters most about the holiday season: giving back. 77kids has kicked off their holiday season with their Wish-4-Snow charity program that benefits children’s hospitals.
Want to know why I love working with 77kids? It’s not just because I genuinely adore their kid’s clothes and their “Do Good” mantra, but also because they enlist bloggers to spread their word. As Betsy Schumacher, chief merchandising officer of 77kids mentioned, their grassroots approach to marketing involves moms and word of mouth. And to me, that accounts for a lot; reaching out to the key demographic who makes the buying decisions and involving bloggers in their social media campaigns speaks volumes. But better yet, this company continues to underscore the importance of charity, and I like that even more.
For 77kids’ Wish-4-Snow program, there’s a variety of easy ways you can get involved to make a big impact:
– Customers can donate 77 cents (or more) to benefit their local children’s hospital!
– Customers/kids will receive a snowflake to write their name and wish on, and then they can place the snowflake on the “blizzard wall” in the store for all to see!
– In addition to the snowflake, the customer will get a ‘you done good’ bumper sticker to take with them!
– Visit 77kids’ Wish-4-Snow microsite, featuring a fun “catch the snowflake” game and giving visitors the opportunity to design their own snowflake to help 77kids reach their children’s hospital donation goal!
– Help 77kids reach their goal to make a total of 100,000 snowflakes.
– If that goal is hit, 77kids will make an additional $25,000 donation to the children’s hospitals on top of the customer donations each store collects during the month!
– You can make as many snowflakes as you want – not just one! You’re asked to submit your contact information only after the first snowflake.
– Creating a snowflake makes you eligible to win a $77 gift card from 77kids (one gift card given away daily!) and enters you to win the ultimate grand prize: an awesome block party for you and 77 pals!!
Local benefiting hospitals include:
– Children’s Health and Wellness Center at Danbury Hospital
– Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
– Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
– Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
– University Hospital (Cherry Hill/Philadelphia)
– Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital (Syracuse)
– WakeMed Children’s Hospital (Raleigh)
– Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (Hartford)
– Children’s Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
So, log on and help 77kids give back by making a snowflake or three!
And because it’s the season for giving, 77kids would like to give one NKT reader a $50 giftcard! All you have to do is, you guessed it, make a snowflake! Do you know of someone that needs a warm coat or a new outfit? Nominate them for the giveaway! ‘Tis the season. After you make your snowflake, just leave a comment below.
Would you like extra entries?
Become a fan of 77kids on Facebook
Become a fan of NKT
Please comment below for all entries. This will giveaway will end at midnight on December 6, so enter away! Winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified via email, so be sure to include a valid email address. Good luck and have fun!